a Bri Gaal's Blog: Getting There

Monday, February 8, 2010

Getting There

3 different people suggested I take some Emergen-C for my lingering sickness. I don’t know if it was coincidence because it had basically run its course, or what, but after downing several packets on Friday and Saturday I was definitely feeling MUCH better. I still have a nice, phlegmy sounding cough (which means everyone gives me a wide berth at work) but I’m not having to lay down after I unload the dishwasher.

Saturday was pretty cold, but we bundled up and headed to Umstead for a run (jog). Marty did 10 miles and I just went out and back easy for a total of almost 50 min. It snowed on the way back in! Nothing stuck but it was pretty running through all the falling snowflakes. There weren’t a whole lot of people out there, but of the people I saw I knew about 75% of them (Paul, Barbara, Tom, Alicia, Katie) and it’s always nice seeing familiar faces. Tassie came with us and went with me when I turned around and Marty kept going. For the next 10 min or so, she was completely paranoid and kept turning around and wanting to go back to Marty and check on him. She’s so loyal :) But she almost made me fall on my face several times.

That night we met the IOS-Delta Triathlon club downtown at Rum Runners (loud dueling piano bar) and then to Tir Na Nog to give our ears a rest. I didn’t go to sleep until midnight which is way late for me now. It totally sucks that no matter what time I go to bed I can’t seem to sleep past 7:30. Is this because I’m getting old? I remember adults saying things like this when I was younger and I would think, “What the heck? I can sleep until late in the morning NO PROBLEM!!”

We actually saw the sun on Sunday! Still chilly, but nice and sunny for a mountain bike ride at Umstead. Then off to a superbowl party. It was a really great weekend.


At February 8, 2010 4:12 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better! I was downing that Emergen-C too when I was sick about a month ago. I don't think I caught it in time though. I hope the running continues to go well, and I hear you on the sleeping in! I used to be able to sleep until like 11AM! Now it's about 9:30, tops (better than 7:30 - yikes lady!).

At February 9, 2010 4:07 PM , Blogger Rebecca DeWire said...

Glad to hear that you feel better. I laughed about your sleeping in comment because Scott is a lot like you, but for some reason I can still sleep in. When I tell him that he should sleep in the next day and that I will get up with Elena, I get so annoyed at him when he doesn't do it.

At February 10, 2010 4:57 PM , Blogger runningyankee said...

good news!!! love tassie. such the perfect addition to the gaal family (though yes i know you've had her for a while.. but well you know..) anyhoo. miss you. paris sucks. merci.


Post a Comment

<< Home